The VOG AG is an international trading company with headquarters in Linz-Wegscheid. The firm was founded in 1916 when 16 grocers joined together in order to cope with a sugar supply crisis. They formed a purchasing pool – the Vereinigung Oberösterreichischer Großzuckerhändler (Union of Upper Austrian Wholesale Sugar Traders).
In the years that followed the importance of sugar trade decreased steadily. Therefore the VOG expanded its assortment to classical colonial goods and step by step evolved into a wholesale company. In the 70s of the last century the first steps into food production followed. In Mautern, Styria a packing plant for dried fruit was installed. In 1986 the winery Lenz Moser was purchased and over the years expanded to become the biggest winery in Austria. Since then wine extends the assortment of the VOG’s subsidiary company GHG that is specialised in trading beverages. In 1993 an oil mill in Aschach an der Donau, Upper Austria was taken over and with the premium product RAPSO an international brand was established. In the year 2000 the IMGRO with headquarters in Vienna was acquired. The company is specialised in dried fruit, tinned food and delicacies and hence helps the VOG maintain its strong position in these product areas. By all the acquired brands the product portfolio of the VOG-Group was supplemented, with numerous rights of representation being exclusive to the VOG.
With the Transagent Lehag Handelsagentur GmbH in Vienna and the Westside Austria Ltd. in Hong Kong the VOG-Group possesses its own purchasing agencies for food and non-food products.
A significant strength of the VOG is the perfectly functioning sales organisation. It is organised beyond Austria throughout subsidiary companies located in Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland. The VOG-Group employs around 500 people in Austria and abroad. It is a successful partner in trade, its products and brands are highly valued by the central European key accounts.